From SEU Testing Resources
Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center
(Formerly the Northeast Proton Therapy Center)
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Contact: Ethan Cascio 617-724-9529 mailto::email@example.com
- Proton beam from 15 to 230 MeV
- Maximum of 6.5x1011 p/s.
- Flux range from 200 to 1011 p/cm²/s.
- Flux is controllable by the user.
- Spot size from 0.5 to 30 cm with 5% uniformity.
- Energy changes using momentum selection require 15 minutes.
- Degrader energy changes are done in 1 minute.
- Dosimetry using ion chamber or scintillators.
- Dosimetry calibration using Faraday cup, thimble chamber or diodes.
- Latest reference description provided in 2003 NSREC Data Workshop.
- Available weekends only (up to 12 hrs/day).
- Available ~60 days / year.
- Typical schedule lead time is 3 to 8 weeks.
- Nearest airport is Logan (Boston, MA)
- No access restrictions.
- Shipping & receiving available.
- Typical shipping lead time from non-US addresses is 2 weeks.
- Customs broker available.
- Storage for irradiated materials provided.
- 1 Hr Minimum